Thursday, June 3, 2010

I am disturbed....

by a visit the Meers had with their Mom and Dad yesterday. Apparently, during the visit, the Mom told the oldest Meer to "get out of my face...I don't want to see you".

The kids came home from this visit quiet and subdued. The caseworker supervised the visit, but did not tell me until this morning what happened at the visit. The oldest Meer cried for Mom on a regular basis. I am disturbed that this mother gets to keep having visits with her kids when she is blatantly verbally abusing one of them in front of the kids. And I am disturbed that the caseworker did not find this important enough to tell us before the kids came home. It was almost 24 hours before she let us know. Now I know that the caseworker is busy...but come on, this was pretty big.

No comments: